Sunday 12 November 2023

When the party’s over

On my last morning I took an early walk to get a coffee. All the Christmas decorations and lights are up and it’s very peaceful and pretty to wander about, although pretty cold. It’s Jason’s birthday today and it was nice to to sit with my memories in a cosy coffee shop. 



Before heading to the airport I lashed out to actually have breakfast at the Savoy. I tried to get Winston Churchill’s favourite table (table 4) but it wasn’t available, so I made do with a window seat. 


I’ve had a lovely time and feel refreshed and relaxed, ready to drop back into my life. It’s a long way home - something like 38 hours door to door but I was sitting in the “good seats” so slept for much of the flight. As we were landing in Perth, Bruce Springsteen’s Dancing in the Dark was playing on the Qantas media loop. 


Thank you for following along, the comments and notes - it’s been lovely to read them.  



1 comment:

  1. So good to see all the great memories. Catch up soon

    ReplyDelete