Friday 28 September 2012

Too much food

We started the morning with a trip to the Sony Wonder Technology Lab. Parts of it were pretty fun (lucky I am not a surgeon as I was very bad at open heart surgery with a robotic tool).We then hiked uptown to Dylan's candy bar. It was two stories of different lollies and chocolates along with a soundtrack of every inane song they could think of with a link to candy. There we fulfilled the boys' greatest fantasy, buying the ten scoop ten topping sundae. I never want to see ice cream again but we managed to get through it. We had the pleasure of sitting n a giant cupcake to eat the monstrosity. Having stupefied the boys with food, we did a bookshop crawl to a few huge bookstores. I ducked into a clothing shop for about 2 seconds and missed seeing Billy Connely go into his apartment. I missed Usher as well a few nights ago so the celebrity score for me is Zero. Weighted down with purchases we struggled back to the hotel for a rest. Dinner was in times square at Chevys. Flynn made quite sure that the waitress thought it was his birthday and accordingly received a sombrero. The meals were enormous and two would have fed the five of us. On the way back we were accosted by a times square comedian. The boys abandoned me and I finally had to pay him a dollar to get rid of him. We are now back at the hotel doing washing.

No comments:

Post a Comment