Tuesday 25 September 2012

The city that never sleeps

Walking home at 12:30ish on Sunday night/ Monday morning and heard massive noises coming from a building site. Power saws, drills , hammers, grinders and all sorts of other tools I don't know how to use were screaming away. I thought, "Man, this really is The City That Never Sleeps," especially if you're living across the road from a building that's under construction.  I know that the above statement doesn't make sense, because it's about a person not getting sleep, not a city that doesn't sleep... but when you scrutinize the premise of this entire entry, it doesn't make sense: New York is not the only city that doesn't sleep, there is no city in the world that literally sleeps, so cut me some slack! (The last statement was supposed to sound New Yorkerish, but I think it's come off as unnecessarily rude. Oh, hang on....)

No comments:

Post a Comment