Friday 26 August 2011

The devil on the other shoulder

Anna just read what she has posted so far and whilst most things have been pretty good so far, there are other details that she has skipped. (Polly)Anna mentioned how wonderful the flight with Singapore Airlines was - and it was, other than:
* Anna got the business class meal because a) she doesn't eat fish, but more importantly, b) she had already spoken to the air crew telling them how beautiful their plane was, etc. I don't eat fish either, but since I hadn't done the smooth talking earlier, I just didn't get a meal.
* Anna enjoyed the SIngapore Sling, others I the plane missed two snack runs and two drink runs as those passengers watched then trolleys sail past them down the aisle. We all agreed we should have mentioned how beautiful the plane was.
* Anna missed Campbell's nose bleed. He woke me to tell me about it... But he had obviously waited a while to tell me because I woke to what seemed like a scene from a zombie movie.
* I found out during the flight that Flynn has night terrors, but on a positive note, his terrors aren't defined but screaming, but maniacal laughing and pointing. That was fun!
* When we got to Barcelona and did our initial look around and lunch, Anna had a sleep whilst I took the boys to the hotel pool, which sounds nice, but there were two fat, hairy guys smoking in the pool and we were surrounded by a dozen near-naked senior citizens trying to get skin cancer as quickly as possible.

OK, mostly it has been painless and the boys have been genuinely funny, but whilst I wasn't planning on contributing to this blog, I might have to add some balance. Anna can play that angel on Goofy's shoulder and I can be the devil on his other shoulder... but I've seen heaps of interviews with actors where they've said that it's always more fun to play the bad guy.... So let's have some fun.
Barcelona? Bar- humbug!

1 comment: