Thursday 8 September 2011

Venice day 2

We started the day well with a free trip to Murano courtesy of the hotel. I would have loved to buy some glassware but stayed strong and we only bought a Christmas ornament. The day went downhill from there. We went to the post office to send some clothiers home ( too much shopping). Two hours later we emerged $65 poor and with half the things I wanted to send still in my bag. Some rubbish story about September 11 and 2 kg limits was the excuse but I have my doubts. The Italian postal service is a joke. We then spent another hour doing laundry. There were a few high points to the day though - the band in St Marks square played waltzing Matilda as we walked by and we and some other Aussies clapped and cheered. We bought a few nice things to take home and had decent gelato.

No comments:

Post a Comment