Friday 21 April 2017

Day tripper

We spent our last morning in Kensington, visiting the Victoria and Albert Museum and the Science Museum. I was fascinated with the fashion section in the V&A and the boys indulged my dawdling in this section. The science museum was a huge hit with the boys and we only viewed a small section of the offerings. The turbo Air dryer in the boys' bathroom was a huge hit and all four boys trooped in to check it out and returned giggling. We all loved both the gift shops and spent quite a bit of time finding treasures. Our lunch was a crepe place that we found on the net called "Old Dutch". The standard was just what you would expect from googling "restaurants for teens" but the boys were quite happy. We trooped back to the hotel and started the painful process of lugging our bags to the airport. We still have one day in Dubai but it feels like the holiday is over and the long flight home is unappealing. Flynn and I have scored a business class upgrade for the first leg so are not quite as dismal as the other three. I have a twinge of guilt, but the points I am using are the result of all the work travel, so I feel like I have earned the treat. We smiled our way into the lounge (American airlines, the lounge provider at Heathrow dies not let children in with my access) and are snacking and internet browsing till we board at 9pm.

1 comment:

  1. Haha...maybe you & Flynn can swap seats with the others during the flight?

    ReplyDelete