Friday 26 April 2013

The Priettos join Team Starrett

We have had two busy days at Walt Disney World. We pulled up at the hotel at exactly the same time as my parents. We were actually 15 minutes early but I KNEW my dad would be early so I scheduled   Our car pick to work with that. We have two rooms across from the pool and close to everything, so we settled in and started out for the parks. Over the last two days we have hit Hollywood Studios, Epcot and Magic Kingdom, picking out the good rides (and a few "lame" ones for me) and trying to minimise Campbell's time in the shops. I put on my big girl pants and rode the Rocking Roller Coaster - a coaster that goes upside down and is super fast. I admit to closing my eyes the whole time so I could not see the upside down part, and doing slow breathing to get through it. It turns out I laugh hysterically when nervous, Having proven my bravery, I am now exempting myself from all speedy rides.
The boys have had a lovely time showing my parents 'the world'. We have ridden all the forms of transport (bus, boat, monorail), eaten at a variety of themed restaurants and played a competitive game of mini golf. Predictably, Dad won and I came last. I have included a photo of my dad checking of the dessert menu at the 50's prime time cafe. I have also include Flynn with his ridiculous turkey leg.
Flynn acquired a birthday badge and wore it throughout day 1, getting 'happy birthdays' and stickers all day. Josh wore the badge on day two, getting himself a free root beer slushie, a chocolate cake, a birthday song and and a cupcake. Flynn is a little peeved at Josh's wins. Campbell will wear the badge  today......is there something wrong with letting my boys deceive Disney about a birthday? Is this the start of the Starrett boys' criminal career?









No comments:

Post a Comment